Wednesday 17 April 2013

My Top Eleven Favourite Albums of All Time (because I couldn’t narrow it down to ten)

I’m sure I’m not the only one who remembers spending hours lying in bed and listening to albums all the whole way through without interruption. The slow slog towards adulthood has meant that, now, music is usually played in the background in ‘shuffle’ mode.

<sigh> (remorseful)

Recently, I’ve been trying to go through my music - sorting it out, digitalizing it and, most importantly, re-listening to it.  Music is one of the most important aspects of my life, and has had a huge impact on who I am today.

So, here it is: my ‘top ten + one’. Sit back, find somewhere comfortable, put on a pair of head phones and listen to these.

<sigh> (happy)


Ben Folds Five, Whatever and Ever Amen

 

Led Zeppelin, IV

 

Modest Mouse, The Lonesome Crowded West

 

Elliot Smith, XO

 

Pear Jam, Ten

 

 Barenaked Ladies, Stunt 

 

Ben Kweller, Sha Sha 

 

Bombay Bicycle Club, Flaws 

 

 The Shins, Oh Inverted World 

 

Soul Coughing, Ruby Vroom 

 

Joni Mitchell, Blue

 

1 comment: